Matthew 24:30 and Matthew 24:34 ~ Jesus answered the Disciples' questions about His Coming; just days before the Cross, around 30AD. "The sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky WITH POWER and great glory. ... 34 Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place." NASB
The wording of my responses are intended to show that if anyone takes the "1000 years" to be any span of actual time at all, he must -by his own logic- also give place to my view that defines that span of time as an actual 1000 years of human history. (It seems easy enough to demonstrate the unreasonableness of the "1000 years" referring to a single instant since the period during which Satan is imprisioned in the Abyss while the Saints Reign: it must encompass some worthy span of actual time to have any meaning whatsoever, to have been worth so long a wait to arrive). I continue to find it attractive to entertain the idea that the "1000 years," like the rest of Rev 18-22, is directly associated with the Fall of Babylon aka Jerusalem in A.D. 70. Consequently, the "1000 Years" have their beginning circa Babylon/Jerusalem’s A.D. 70 Fall as do all the other events that Revelation 18-22 envisions appearing. If 2 Peter 3:8 can be taken to hint that "The Day of the Lord" = "The 1,000 Years" of Rev 20, then it is understood that "The 1000 years" is the amount of of actual amount of time "The Day of the Lord" encompasses.
2 Peter 3:8
8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that
with the Lord one day is as a thousand years , and a thousand years as one day.
2 Peter 3:8
8 But do not let this one hint get by you, my friend, that
"The Day of the Lord" = "The 1,000 Years," and 1,000 years span "The Day."
2 Peter 3:8
8 But do not let this one clue get by you, buddy, that:
“With the Lord: '1 Day' = 1000 years, 1000 years = '1 Day.'”
1. The millennium is a literal 1,000 years. True or False?
2. The millennium represents a defined period of time of literal numerical value. True or False?
3. The millennium begins at Jerusalem’s fall in 70 A.D., hence at Christ’s A.D. 70 return? True or False?
4. The millennium begins after the marriage supper of the lamb, i.e. after the wedding and continues for 1,000 years. True or False?
5. The millennium begins when the tribulation ends and continues for 1000 literal years. True or False?
6. Satan is cast into the lake of fire, before or at the arrival of the New Heavens and Earth. True or False?
7. Satan is cast into the lake of fire after the arrival of the New Heavens and Earth. True or False?
8. The little season follows the 1,000 years binding of Satan. True or False?
9. The little season ends when Satan is cast into the lake of fire. True or False?
10. Revelation describes events shortly to “come to pass,” True or False?
11. The Law and the Prophets were fulfilled in 70 A.D. True or False?
12. The Law and the Prophets are yet being fulfilled after A.D. 70 up to the present or some post 70 (Destruction of Jerusalem) time frame. True or False?
13. Death and Hades are destroyed when the Law is fulfilled. True or False?
14. Death and Hades are destroyed when they are cast into the lake of fire?
15. The destruction of Satan is prophesied in the law and the prophets. True or False?
16. The vindication or avenging of the “beheaded” martyrs is fulfilled in 70 A.D. True or False?
17. The saints live, become kings and priests, at or after before 70 A.D., True or False?
18. The New Jerusalem arrives before the millennium of 1,000 years. True or False?
19. The New Jerusalem arrives after the millennium of 1,000 years. True or False?
20. The 2nd resurrection occurs after the millennium of 1,000 years?
21. The 2nd resurrection is the fulfillment of the Law and the Prophets. True or False?
22. The reigning of the martyrs of Revelation 6:9,10 and Rev. 20 are the fulfillment of the law and the prophets? True or False?
23. The second resurrection is yet future. True or False?
24. The second resurrection is past. True or False?
25. Finally, can you send me a quick list of everything you view as literal in Revelation 20:1-3?
I challenge anyone interested in Covenant Eschatology, (aka Full Preterism, Hyper-Preterism, TransmillennialismTM, 30-70AD Millennium), to answer these 25 Questions about the Millennium as forthrightly and thoroughly and consistenly done here. Its become more obvious than ever to me that Covenant Eschatology (30-70AD Millennium) “cherry picks” those things it wants to see as figurative or “literal,” right down to the time statements like Rev 4:1’s “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after these things” described and foretold in Rev 1-3. And after much critical argumentation over "time Texts" to deduce that Jesus came back around 70AD, 30-70AD Millennialism insists upon its figurative and questionably short version of the long anticipated “The 1,000 Years” reign with Christ of the Resurrected Saints of Revelation 20:4-6 : thereby forfeiting whatever credibility borrowed from Historical Preterism. The reality of it all is, the Covenant Eschatology (Full Preterism, 30-70AD Millennium) carefully cherry picks the application of just about every one of its own Bible interpretation principles. Its needs to in order to survive, it's own internal inconsistencies drive it to consume itself, its followers biting and devouring one another as some succumb to its innate attaction to Universalism and others struggle them to resist.
Matt 15:13-14 "Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. 14 Leave them; they are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit." NIV
2 Peter 3:8
8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years , and a thousand years as one day.
2 Peter 3:8
8 But do not let this one hint get by you, my friend, that "The Day of the Lord" = "The 1,000 Years," and 1,000 years span "The Day."
BROWN = Before the Nero-Beast-Tribulation, during the time of the Gospels
RED = During the Nero-Beast-Tribulation, just prior to the Lord's 70AD Return
BLUE = After the Nero-Beast-Tribulation, just after the Lord's 70AD Return
For the kingdom of heaven is] as a man traveling into a far country, [who] called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made [them] other five talents. And likewise he that [had received] two, he also gained other two. But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money. AFTER A LONG TIME THE LORD OF THOSE SERVANTS COMETH, AND RECKONETH [JUDGETH] WITH THEM. And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more. His lord said unto him, Well done, [thou] good and faithful servant: THOU HAST BEEN FAITHFUL OVER A FEW THINGS, I WILL MAKE THEE [REIGN] RULER OVER MANY THINGS: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them. His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; THOU HAST BEEN FAITHFUL OVER A FEW THINGS, I WILL MAKE THEE [REIGN] RULER OVER MANY THINGS: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. ...
Notice how THE SERVANTS ARE NOT MADE RULERS OVER MANY THINGS UNTIL AFTER THEIR LORD RETURNS.
Now WHEN DOES PRETERISM SAY THAT THE LORD RETURNED? 70AD, NO?
So then, WHEN WERE CHRIST'S DISCIPLES MADE RULERS WITH CHRIST? NOT UNTIL AFTER THEIR LORD RETURNED IN 70AD.
Let's look at similar parable:
Luke 19:11-19 (circa AD 30, just before entering Jerusalem on colt, ~ 1 week prior to the Crucifixion)
11 And while they were listening to these things, He went on to tell a parable, because He was near Jerusalem, and they supposed that the kingdom of God was going to appearimmediately. 12 He said therefore, "A certain nobleman went to a distant country TO RECEIVE A KINGDOM FOR HIMSELF, and THEN RETURN. 13 "And he called ten of his slaves, and gave them ten minas, and said to them, 'Do business with this UNTIL I COME BACK.' 14 "But his citizens hated him, and sent a delegation after him, saying, 'We do not want this man to reign over us.' 15 "And it came about that WHEN HE RETURNED, AFTER RECEIVING HIS KINGDOM, he ordered that these slaves, to whom he had given the money, be called to him in order that he might know what business they had done. 16 "And the first appeared, saying, 'Master, your mina has made ten minas more.' 17 "And he said to him, 'Well done, good slave, because you have been faithful in a very little thing, BE IN AUTHORITY OVER TEN CITIES.' 18 "And the second came, saying, 'Your mina, master, has made five minas.' 19 "And he said to him also,'And you are to BE OVER FIVE CITIES.' NASB
You don't get a kingdom without a king, and you don't reign with Christ 'til Christ Returns with His Kingdom to reign.
See how this all fits in with Rev 20:1-10's mentioning of Christ's faithful being made rulers at the beginning of "Thousand Years"
Revelation 20:4-6 (penned circa 62-65AD at beginning of Tribulation to encourage rejection of the Beast & his mark) 4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheadedbecause of the testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the Beast or his image, and had not received the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand;andthey came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, buttheywill [future to 62AD] be priests of God and of Christ and will [future to 62AD] reign with Him for a thousand years.
We see here in the vision Jesus gave that those who had been beheaded for the Gospel's sake and martyred for having refused to worship the Beast (Nero) or his image, refused to receive the Beast's (Nero's) mark upon their foreheads or hands, were to be brought to life (John 6:54) and made rulers (Mat 25:19-23 and Luke 19:12-19) at Christ's 70AD Return on "The Last Day" of the Old Covenant system. Christ's 70AD Return marks the resurrection of those who hath eternal life (John ) and the beginning of His reign with faithful servants (Mat 25:19-23 and Luke -19). "The Last Day" of the Old Testament system at 70AD was the first day of the New Testament reign, the first day of the 1st Resurrection, the first day of Rev 20:1-10's "Thousand Years."