Promised Land | 1000 Years
70-1070: Kingdom | Millennium
70-1070: Conquest & Kingdom | Last Day-Millennium
70-1070AD The Last Day: Possess Promises Land Kingdom
70-1070AD The Last Day: Possess the Promises, Land & Kingdom
70-1070AD The Kingdom Come
Judges, Priests + Kings
70-1070AD: the Last Day-Millennium = The Middle Age
This age is characterized by the dismantling of the old idol-worshipping empires and the establishment of Christendom, that is, the empire of Christ.
70-1070AD: The Millennium = The Middle Age = The Last Day = Sabbath Day with the Lord = Taking Possession of Land & Promises = the first 1000 years of Christians receiving the Inheritance
He takes away the old Jerusalem to establish the New Jerusalem
IF the 30-70AD Tribulation corresponds to the Old Testament Exodus
THEN 70-1070AD corresponds to the period of entering, taking possession & reigning over the Inheritance, the land of promises:
- Joshua -- arrival of the Captain of the Lord's army; taking possession of the inheritance, promised land.
- Judges, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel -- simple, theocratic rule by prophets, priests, & judges.
- 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Isaiah -- reigning with kingly glory over the inheritance.
- The Last Day = the last day of the week = The Sabbath Day of the Lord = 1000 years (2 Peter 3:8)
- Some secular historians regard the MIddles Age(s) as a time of malaise and lack of progress as the classical wisdom of the ancient Greeks, laid neglected while Bible study captivated the focus of society. Because of such, they suppose, the Muslims & the Orient seem to be the ones where secular progress is slightly more active.
- But every world-dominating superpower since has come forth from the ranks of those nations Christianized during this inaugural period of World Discipleship by the Saints.
- Foundational doctrines were forged from the conquering of unsettling questions and heresies.
Romans 1:8 mentions how the Faith (of the Christians of Rome) was "spoken of throughout the whole world" as of 56AD when it was written. Certainly this Faith made even bigger news when the proclamation went forth that Christians were to be official targets of empire-wide, state-sponsored persecution in the centuries that followed. Surely this made even bigger worldwide headlines as the centuries rolled on and the Christians were still not beat. And how many jaws dropped around the empire, indeed the whole world, at the final news that this same Roman Empire was now declaring a truce in 313AD then going on to officially adopt the Religion of Christ following 325AD. Beyond all doubt, the requirements of Matthew 24:14 had been fullfilled.
- By the end of the 1st quarter of this 70-1070AD period, the last idol-worshipping, Saint-oppressing, World-dominating superpower was driven to its knees before Christ & His armies to declare itself a Christian nation, (Constantine 313AD & 325AD). Though it might also serve elsewhere, the visual poetry of the following passage fittingly describes this first quarter of the 70-1070AD Millennium:
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. 17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven,"Come and gather together for the supper of the great God, 18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, both small and great." 19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. 20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.
14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, "Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, 15 to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him."
2 Kings 6:14-19
He sent horses and chariots and a great army there, and they came by night and surrounded the city. 15 And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was an army, surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, "Alas, my master! What shall we do?" 16 So he answered,"Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them." 17 And Elisha prayed, and said, "Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." Then the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. 18 So when the Syrians came down to him, Elisha prayed to the Lord, and said, "Strike this people, I pray, with blindness." And He struck them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.19 Now Elisha said to them, "This is not the way, nor is this the city. Follow me, and I will bring you to the man whom you seek."
John 6:45 Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.
Matthew 8:22 Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.